Partners & Affiliations
About Us - Partners & Affiliations
The AGTV enjoys cooperative partnerships with others in supporting the teaching and learning of German and other languages in Victoria and beyond.
German enjoys comprehensive support throughout Australia from the Goethe-Institut, a German cultural non-profit organisation promoting the language and culture.
AGTV Key Partners for German in Victoria
The AGTV is grateful for the financial and/or in kind support from:
- Goethe-Institut Australia, with whom we often organise and jointly fund activities for teachers and students in Victoria and beyond, and who offer us use of their premises in Melbourne for Committee meetings and other events, and who fund scholarships for teachers and students to travel to courses in Germany. The Goethe-Institut has a world wide network with 149 institutes and 10 liaison offices in 92 countries promoting the language and culture of Germany.
- Kultur und Sprache section of the Austrian Bundesministerium für Kunst, Unterricht und Kultur (BM:UKK), which funds a speaker each year to attend our Victorian State Conference, and who fund a scholarship for a teacher to attend a 2-week seminar in Austria
- Department of Education and Early Childhood Development (DEECD), which provides grants to the AGTV to support the delivery of services to teachers and students of German
- Bayerischer Jugendring (BJR), with whom we have facilitated an annual 10-week reciprocal student exchange since 1988
The AGTV is also grateful for the friendly cooperation for events and projects from the teams at:
- SBS Radio German Program - Daily programs in the German language
- Musicisthelanguage and Language Perfect, New Zealand based enterprises supporting languages education
In Kind Support from Volunteer Interns from Germany
Our grateful thanks goes to the young people from Germany who are completing volunteer internships at the Goethe-Institut in Melbourne, who assist with e.g. the organisation of conferences and opportunities for students.
The AGTV sponsors scholarships and awards for German in Victoria:
- Society for Australian-German Student Exchange (SAGSE) - The AGTV has sponsored a scholarship for a Victorian student since 1979.
- Goethe-Institut / AGTV Year 10 Awards - These are presented annually to students.
The AGTV is a founding member of the Network of Australian Teachers of German (NATG), which is endorsed by Goethe-Institut Australia.
- AusDaF - website for the NATG funded by Goethe-Institut Australia
The AGTV is also affiliated with:
- Der Internationale Deutschlehrerverband (IDV) - of which the AGTV is an Associate Member
- Modern Language Teachers Association of Victoria Inc. (MLTAV) - the AGTV nominates a representative to the MLTAV Committee each year
- Council of Professional Teachers Associations of Victoria (CPTAV) - the umbrella organisation for professional subject associations, of which the AGTV is a member. Conference Dates for CPTAV Subject Associations
- Australian Federation of Modern Language Teacher Associations (AFMLTA) - with which the AGTV is affiliated through the MLTAV
Victorian Registration and Qualifications Authority (VRQA)
The AGTV is a registered Student Exchange Organisation (SEO) with the VRQA, enabling Victorian students to participate in our 10-week AGTV-BJR Student Exchange program. The AGTV has coordinated the program since 1988.
Companies and Businesses in Victoria and Beyond
The AGTV is grateful to the companies, businesses and others for sponsoring SAGSE scholarships, and prizes for competitions held by the AGTV.
We are especially appreciative of the donation of prizes for competitions such as the Regional and State Finals of the AGTV Years 5 to 9 Poetry Competition, as well as the grant to the AGTV from the DEECD to support the purchase of medallions and trophies for competition.