Teaching - Other Organisations
Associations for Teachers of German and Languages
Teachers of German have a world wide network through an international umbrella organisation - the IDV.
The IDV organise international conferences for teachers of German as new language world wide.
- Fachverband für Deutsch als Fremdsprache – FaDaF in Germany
- Österreichischer Verband für Deutsch als Fremdsprache/Zweitsprache - ÖeDaF in Austria
- Deutsch als Fremdsprache - Deutsch als Zweitsprache - Arbeitskreis DaF in Switzerland
Associations for Teachers of German in Schools Around the World
We share common goals with these associations in promoting the learners of languages to speakers of English as a First Language, and in countries where the advocacy to support for the learning of languages needs constant attention.
- German Association New Zealand (GANZ)
- American Association of Teachers of German (AATG)
- Canadian Association of German Teachers (CAGT)
- German Teachers' Association of Ireland (GDI)
- Indo German Teachers' Association (InDaF) - India
An association for academics was founded in 2000 in order to promote the teaching and research in German Studies at the tertiary level.
The membership of the National Council of State Supervisors for Languages* (NCSSFL) in the USA envisions a nation in which all individuals will be prepared for the demands of an interdependent world by attaining competence in more than one language and culture. [
It is interesting to note that the term 'Foreign Languages' in the description of the NCSSFL on the website has been replaced with 'Languages'. This reflects the recognition that many languages are spoken and used n the USA.]
The Association for Language Learning (ALL) is the UK's major subject association for the teaching of languages
- ALL - UK
The Oxford German Network has dedicated to productive cross-cultural cooperation involving schools, cultural organisations, businesses, and policy-makers. They were connected with the successful 'Think German' campaign in the UK.
Deutsch Amerkanischer National Kongress - DANK