AGTV-BJR Student Exchange
The AGTV is a registered Student Exchange Organisation with the VRQA and offers a 10-week reciprocal exchange program for students learning German in Victoria.
Students need to let their teacher know that they want to participate in this program as the school is involved in the process.
The AGTV facilitates a 10-week reciprocal exchange program with the Bayerischer Jugendring (BJR – Bavarian Youth Council) in Bayern (State of Bavaria) in Germany. The Committee appoints an AGTV-BJR Coordinator to administer the exchange.
Victorian students from AGTV member schools apply to be matched with students in Bavaria when they are in Year 9 or Year 10 to travel as a group the following year. The AGTV organises Group Leaders to travel with and support the students.
NB: The school must approve and share responsibility for participation in the program. Schools may not charge school fees for students in this exchange. Bavarians students must be officially enrolled at the school under the relevant visa provision.
- Call for expressions of interest in February 2023
- Applications forwarded to students for return by June
- Applications returned with payment of an administration fee
- School accepts student participation and appoints a contact teacher
- Matching process begins with the BJR in Munich
- Students notified of successful matches in October
- Families formally accept the match and agree to abide by the rules of the exchange
- Refund for unsuccessful matches less a processing fee
- AGTV organises group travel for the Victorian students and requires a deposit
- Meeting Pre-arrival of Bavarian students in November
- Bavarian students arrive in February 2024 for 10-weeks
- Pre-departure meeting for Victorian students in November
- Students leave for Germany in late November/early December for 10 weeks
- The family treats the Bavarian student as a member of the family and pays for costs as they would for their own children, and this is reciprocated in Germany.
- Victorian families pay for a return airfare, insurance, passport, pocket-money, an AGTV administration fee, and an optional study tour to Berlin organised by the BJR.
As required by the terms of being registered with the VRQA, the AGTV has the right to cancel the exchange at any time for the group or an individual student, or organise for the early return of students to their home country at any time.
Expressions of Interest due by April 30
The AGTV is committed to child safety and has zero tolerance of child abuse.