Competitions for Students
The Association of German Teachers of Victoria Inc. (AGTV) offers competitions for students from AGTV member schools to provide authentic opportunities to use German. Students receive certificates of participation and prizes for placegetters.
Other organisations or institutions offer further competitions for students of German or Languages such as SBS or MLTAV.
AGTV Years 4 to 9 Poetry Competition
Students learning German in Years 4 to 9 can enter the AGTV Poetry Competition.
Goethe Poetry Competition
This competition for Years 10 to 12 students is run by Monash University and the University of Melbourne, who alternate who organises the competition each year.
Other AGTV Competitions
Students from AGTV member schools can enter these competitions to be in the running for prizes.
Every entry at the school and state final levels receives a certificate of participation.
- Kunst und Poesie (art and poetry) – Foundation to Year 6
- Puppenspielfest (puppet play) – Years 5 to 8
- Werbespot (short promotional video) – Years 5 to 12
- Podcast Competition – Years 5 to 12
- Schreibwettbewerb (writing competition) – primary and secondary students
- Song des Jahres (song of the year) – primary and secondary students
- Chor des Jahres (choir of the year) – primary and secondary students
Download the themes and topics for 2023:
Further details for schools:
View prize winning entries from previous competitions on VIMEO: